The List of an Accident Prone person
This post from the lovely and gracious Katt, has a blurb on it about her dumbest injuries. Well, after reading that, and making a comment, she challenged me to list my forays into idiocy, that may or may not have resulted in a trip to the local ER. Over my lifetime, in various incarnations, I have had 120 or so stitches, but the only bones I have broken have been various toes, and a finger on my left hand.
My accident prone ability has led me to injure myself in unique ways:
- Had a 1.5 inch finish nail driven into hand by gas powered nailer. The nail hit a knot in the wood I was nailing and did a u-turn, right into my hand. (Adult age)
- Tripped over a dog while running around in driveway, and fell into side of house. Corner made of rough brick met my head. Had to have that one stitched up. (Child age)
- Fell off moving vehicle on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, SC. On Easter Weekend, at the old beach music festival they had there in the 80′s. I have road rash scars in various places. (college, need I say more?)
- Sliced small part of thumb off chopping an onion. (Adult)
- Dumped FULL pot of freshly made coffee onto self as a 5 year old. The day after my mom came home from hospital after giving birth to my brother. 2nd & 3rd degree burns. (Child)
- No real feeling in pads of 4 fingers on left hand, as I burnt them on a bread pan at work. (Adult)
There are others, that may or may not be wise to tell about here… Some stories are best left for in person telling.