Skip to content

SOCS: Food glorious food

October 9, 2011

Oh food, how I adore thee. Am writing this post from what I consider to be one of the best places to eat in the USA, Charleston, SC. The options are limitless, and it seems that as you walk the historic part of the town the smells that waft onto the street tease your nose with hints of the treats that wait within.

Charleston has it’s own vibe. Elegance mixed with hoodies and flip-flops. Little alleyways that are cobblestone that have music and laughter spilling out of narrow doors with the spicy scent of shrimp and grits. Busy main streets with restaurants on every corner that promise everything from local produce to sushi worthy of LA. Pastries, beer joints, and what may be my favorite diner breakfast. I’ll get back to healthy on Tuesday. It’s been a couple of hours, I need a bite.

#SOCsunday

6 Comments leave one →
  1. October 9, 2011 7:11 pm

Oh how I adore charleston. It is a beautiful city with lots to do…..:)

• Paul Jones permalink*
      October 12, 2011 4:55 pm

It is definitely my favorite in South Carolina. If it were not for the brutal summers, I would live there. Maybe I need a summer house somewhere else, and rest of time in Charleston perhaps?

2. October 10, 2011 12:52 am

Charleston is on my list of top places to visit, along with many other Carolina towns/cities. I can only imagine the food something that I love A LOT too! Thanks for making me hungry, off for a snack myself.

• Paul Jones permalink*
      October 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Charleston is awesome for 2 things, History and Food. Oh and shopping, but thats not my thing. When you go, just let yourself have some time to wander, its a great place to just stroll streets and look. I live in NC, and love it!

3. October 12, 2011 2:20 pm

I’m a total foodie. I often spend my vacations thinking about where our next meal will come from. I have to admit I’m not a fan of low country food but I love the quaintness of Charleston. So glad you linked up today :)

• Paul Jones permalink*
      October 12, 2011 4:58 pm

I love SOCS! It is more the way I write anyway, so it is great practice! One thing about Charleston is that the low country style foods are just one part of it. My favorite breakfast was currant bread french toast stuffed with baked apples. #nom